Best Seller Products
Sustainable products made of Modal
Modal is a semi-synthetic textile made from cellulose derived from beech wood. The modified spinning process of this fabric results in longer cellulose molecules with enhanced properties. This makes modal an improved version of viscose.
- One major advantage of modal is its wearing comfort. The smooth and soft fabric feels very comfortable.
- Additionally, modal is a breathable fabric that absorbs 50% more moisture than cotton. The fabric doesn’t feel sweaty or sticky.
- Modal is also easy to dye as it requires less energy and chemicals compared to materials like cotton.
- Modal fabric is long-lasting: it retains its color, doesn’t shrink, and doesn’t pill after friction.
- Modal fabric is long-lasting: it retains its color, doesn’t shrink, and doesn’t pill after friction. Modal is a highly sustainable fabric. The beech wood used for modal is sourced from sustainably managed forests. Additionally, beech trees require less water compared to, for example, cotton plants.